es, which will continue to grow, even
when cures for all of these diseases can
be found. CP
1. Forum of International Respiratory Societies.
Respiratory diseases in the world. Realities of
Today – Opportunities for Tomorrow. Sheffield, UK: European Respiratory Society, 2013.
https://www.ersnet.org/pdf/publications/firs-world-report.pdf (last accessed September,
2. Statista. Revenue of GlaxoSmithKline’s Seretide/
Advair worldwide from 2012 to 2015, by region (in million British pounds). https://www.
seretide-advair-worldwide-by-region/ (last accessed October, 2016).
3. World Health Organization (WHO). World
Health Statistics. 2008. http://www.who.int/
whosis/whostat/2008/en/ (last accessed October, 2016)
4. GBI Research. Cystic fibrosis therapies will push
Vertex ahead of GSK in $46.6 billion respira-
tory market by 2022, says GBI Research. http://
accessed October, 2016).
5. Health Research Funding. 17 Amazing Cystic
Fibrosis Life Expectancy Statistics. http://www.
ket-by-2022-says-gbi- research (last accessed
6. Hutchinson J, Fogarty A, Hubbard R, McKeever
T. Global incidence and mortality of idiopathic
pulmonary fibrosis: a systematic review. Eur
Respir J 2015; 46: 795-806.
7. Moore S. What is the future of inhalation delivery? Envigo, 2016. http://landing.envigo.com/
inhalation-white-paper (last accessed October,
8. Staton T. Sanofi tried and failed with Afrezza.
Why does MannKind still think it can win?
http://www.fiercepharma.com/pharma/sanofi-tried-and-failed-afrezza-why-does-mannkind-still-think-it-can-win (last accessed October,
9. Moore S. Is micronisation the way forward for
inhaled delivery? – the changing shape of test
article powder formulations. Developments in
Life Sciences in press.
10. Kelley T KM. Glaxo Declines as FDA Clears
Path for Advair Rivals. http://www.bloomberg.
accessed October, 2016).
11. Schmierer. T and Malica. C. Inhalation Technology: A breath of fresh air in drug delivery!
2011. http://www.oindpnews.com/ wp-content/
air-in-drug-delivery.pdf (last accessed October,
12. Future Market Insights. Respiratory Inhaler
Devices Market: Increasing Prevalence of
Asthma and COPD to drive the Global market
for Respiratory Inhalers Devices; Global In-
dustry Analysis and Opportunity Assessment,
2015 – 2025.2015.ht tp://www.futuremar-
devices-market (last accessed October, 2016).
13. Nanoscientium. UK Nanomedicine Market,
Current Status and Future Prospects. 2014.
14. Moore S. Inhalation Study Design: 20 critical
questions you should ask before planning your
inhalation study. Envigo, 2015. http://landing.
webinar (last accessed October, 2016).
15. Rodgers D GC, Paul G, Moore S, Meecham K,
Jordan S, Efficacy of an inhaled PFE4 inhibitor,
GSK256066, delivered by a novel dry powder
pre-clinical inhalation delivery system in the
acute cigarette smoke induced pulmonary inflammation model. 2015.
16. Pulmatrix. Pulmatrix Highlights Recent Report
Predicting Rapid Growth for Inhaled Drug
cent- Report-Predicting-Rapid-Growth-for-In-haled-Drug-Delivery-Met hods (last accessed
SIMON MOORE is Director of Inhalation Science and Engineering at Envigo. He joined
Huntingdon Life Sciences in 1999 as an inhalation study analyst. In 2016 he was promoted
to his current position with managerial responsibility for the inhalation engineering services
and aerosol technologist groups. In this role,
Simon is responsible for all aspects of aerosol
technology, including the overall interpretation
and reporting of the inhalation studies at the
Huntingdon site. The inhalation engineering
services group designs, prototypes, and manufactures custom-made inhalation equipment
for all inhalation sites within the Envigo organization.